EDT helps students' focus on the future
- Are you interested in science, technology, engineering, maths or related subjects?
- Do you want to find out more about these subjects, disciplines and careers?
- Do you want to gain experience of university life?
- Do you want experience of the working world?
If you answered yes to any of above questions then EDT are here to help...
We are a nationwide education charity providing opportunities for young people in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
Through real life hands-on experience of the working world we help you open doors to the future.
If you are aged 11-16 speak to your school about what EDT schemes are on offer.
EDT could help you...
- think differently about STEM
- find out about courses and careers in STEM
- build key skills for life
If you are 14-15 there are 2 EDT schemes on offer:
- 3 day non-residential STEM course at a college, a university and a company helping you decide on your route into a STEM career - click on Routes into STEM (for 14/15 yr olds)
- 3 day non-residential or residential STEM courses at University helping you get ahead in 6th form - click on Inspire (for 15/16 yr olds)
If you are over 16 there are 3 EDT schemes on offer;
- 4 day Residential STEM courses at University help you get connected to the right degree – click on Headstart (for 16/17 yr olds)
- 6 month real life STEM projects in industry help you focus on future careers – click on Engineering Education Scheme (for 16/17 yr olds)
- Year long work placements fast track your career - click on The Year in Industry (for students completing A levels/Scottish Highers or equivalent)
*please note for First Edition, Go4SET, Open Industry and Engineering Education Scheme please find out if your school runs the programme – we hope they do!