Aerospace Engineering at University of Liverpool
FLY HIGH WITH LIVERPOOL AEROSPACE!
What is it all about?
The Insight into University course at Liverpool is organised around the multi-disciplinary theme of aerospace engineering and is led by the Flight Science Group. This group is currently working with industry and the civil and military authorities on various projects including the European tilt-rotor aircraft, CFD aerodynamics and display systems for flight in poor visibility.
What will I be doing?
The course activities may include:
• Working in teams solving specific aerospace problems faced by pilots
• Using CAD and other computing facilities
• Flying the Bibby Flight Simulator around a helicopter test course
• Meeting current undergraduates and engineers
• Working with test pilots and researchers to create an aircraft to compete in a Red Bull Air race using the flight simulator
• Exploring the various student facilities at Liverpool
Will this course suit me?
This course will suit you if you are interested in the following subjects and have a strong maths background:
• Airframe structures and materials
• Flight technologies and aerodynamics
• Design and manufacturing issues for aircraft
• Aerospace and aeronautical engineering
If you want to find out about the technical aspects of flight and flying and how pilots and engineers work together to improve civil and military aircraft then this course comes highly recommended.
Who will be on this course?
This is a mixed course for 30 students.
Dates of course?
TBC (4 nights residential)
Price of course?
£550 (Bursaries are also available)
WHAT LAST YEAR'S STUDENTS SAID ABOUT THIS COURSE
"I thought the course was amazing, I really enjoyed my week with EDT, especially tasks such as glider building. Flying the helicopter simulator was amazing."
If you have any further questions, please enquire or visit our FAQ's page.