What’s it all about?
At the University of Glasgow, we put inspiring the next generation of inspiring people at the heart of everything we do and our Headstart course is no exception. Our Design Engineering course aims to provide a stimulating and hands-on design experience. This course will equip students with an understanding of design theory and practice and provide an appreciation of design from different engineering disciplines. Students will undertake work independently but also in a group setting – culminating in an end of course award ceremony.
What will I be doing?
- Apply your physics knowledge to practical applications and use it to find novel solutions to design challenges
- Get involved with practical team-based projects and competitions.
- Be taught the theory and practice of design process.
- Receive talks from practising engineers.
- Experience student life at the University of Glasgow.
Would this course suit me?
The University of Glasgow is home to the oldest School of Engineering in Scotland, since the school was established in 1840 we have seen many inspiring and world changing Alumni pass through our doors including James Watt, John Logie Baird and Lord Rankine and we are working to inspire the next generation of world changing engineers.
This course would suit students who are creative and naturally inquisitive, regardless of which Engineering discipline the student is interested in; Design Theory is a valuable tool for any engineer. The School of Engineering offers its undergraduate students a common curriculum which not only provides flexible learning options for its students but also produces well rounded graduates who can make a real impact upon entering the workplace.
Areas of interest may include:
- Aerospace & Aeronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Product Design Engineering
Course code: GLDHS20
Course dates: 10:00 on Monday, 20 July 20, 2020 to 14:00 on Thursday, 23 July 2020 (4 day residential).