Start Date September 2021 for 12 months
Discipline Chemical/Mechanical/Chemistry - BEng/BSc level only
Are you local to Newcastle and passionate about the science behind products you use every day? Do you want to work with world-class brands in the largest Consumer Goods company in the world?
Then this opportunity is for you!
Their Innovation Centre focuses on developing Products for Fabric Care and Home Care on brands such as Ariel, Fairy and Bold. They are offering 1-year placement opportunities for covering research for students currently studying a degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or Chemistry at BEng or BSc (not Masters).
They want students from Newcastle based universities for various roles in R&D. They also look for skills such as creativity, innovation, initiative, communication, leadership and effective collaboration.
This 1-year placement is a period of mutual trial and an ideal way for you to gain industrial experience. It is also an opportunity for you to look at the company as a potential future employer and for them to see your capabilities. On top of a great learning experience, participants will also receive an attractive remuneration package.
What we offer you:
- Responsibility from Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities to lead
- Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. This includes pension, life assurance, health insurance, flexible working, a stock ownership scheme and other social benefits.
Qualifications - External
In this role students will:
- Work on their own project(s), but as part of an overall project team;
- Have an opportunity to put their technical skills to work on intellectually challenging problems;
- Improve their team working and leadership skills through practical experience and interactive training courses;
- Learn to work effectively with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds;
- Experience the working environment in a leading international company and
- Gain guidance on their professional development.
Good to Know
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Caroline Jardine by email email@example.com stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered. https://www.etrust.org.uk/yini-register