Location – Port Glasgow
Discipline – Marine/Mechanical
Salary - TBC
Start date – September 2020
The company are seeking a student who has excellent engineering and project management skills in the above disciplines. The shipyard is currently completing the design and build of 2 ferries for the CALMAC ferries. Our commitment to innovation has enabled us to deliver vessels for a diverse range of marine applications, including a new generation of environmentally friendly ferries. With over 100 years of heritage, we are investing heavily in technology and infrastructure to deliver quality-assured, world-class shipbuilding, ship repair, fabrication and engineering services.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
Main duties; typical responsibilities; type of projects
- Providing support to the Programme Director to manage a number of key activities including:
- Maintain the risk register for the contract.
- Manage the change control process
- Manage the customer interface register
- Other project-related tasks as required
- The above tasks will require interaction with a wide population of the business and the customer to ensure the activities are effectively managed
- Ability to interact with a wide group of people is essential.
- Enthusiasm and tenacity.
- Good IT skills including Excel
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Caroline Jardine firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, full name, YINI registration number (if you have it) and this vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with the YINI scheme to apply. Complete the online application form if you are not already registered. https://www.etrust.org.uk/yini-register