Location – Port Glasgow
Discipline – Marine/Mechanical/Design
Salary - TBC
Start date – September 2020
The company are seeking a student who has excellent engineering skills in the above discipline. The shipyard is currently completing the design and build of 2 ferries for the CALMAC ferries. Our commitment to innovation has enabled us to deliver vessels for a diverse range of marine applications, including a new generation of environmentally friendly ferries. With over 100 years of heritage, we are investing heavily in technology and infrastructure to deliver quality-assured, world-class shipbuilding, ship repair, fabrication and engineering services.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
To review engineering drawings and documents.
Ensure that the most up-to-date drawings are saved in the correct location and format. Archiving out of date information and recording where drawings require to be updated.
This may involve ship visits to understand the build status
- Positive approach – a can-do attitude
- Proactive – self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a team and get things done
- Accurate – high attention to detail
- Communication – ability to communicate at all levels and ask questions
- Structured – being disciplined, organised, process orientated and working to agreed timescales
- CAD – must have good CAD skills
- Good IT skills including Excel
- Ability to interact with a wide group of people is essential.
- Enthusiasm and tenacity.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Caroline Jardine firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, full name, YINI registration number (if you have it) and this vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with the YINI scheme to apply. Complete the online application form if you are not already registered. https://www.etrust.org.uk/yini-register