Location – Port Glasgow
Discipline – Finance/Business/Maths
Salary - TBC
Start date – September 2020
The company are seeking a student who has excellent analytical skills and business practices. The shipyard is currently completing the design and build of 2 ferries for the CALMAC ferries. Our commitment to innovation has enabled us to deliver vessels for a diverse range of marine applications, including a new generation of environmentally friendly ferries. With over 100 years of heritage, we are investing heavily in technology and infrastructure to deliver quality-assured, world-class shipbuilding, ship repair, fabrication and engineering services.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
- Support needed with the development of business processes, supporting policies, KPI’s, procurement library, stakeholder training and some purchasing activity
- Business Processes – assist with the completion of mapping functional processes that are fit for purpose and efficient, including policies and other supporting docs
- KPI’s + Reports – develop, measure and report against an agreed set of functional KPI’s and Reports that track both internal and supplier performance
- Procurement Library – creation and maintenance of a procurement library that provides an audit trail
- Training – create and lead a training programme in support of the roll-out of an on-system Requisition and PO process
- Categorisation – assist with the development of a category taxonomy in Factory Master
- Supplier Performance – create a schedule for supplier performance reviews, monitoring and recording output
- Positive approach – can-do attitude, being a good ambassador for the company and the Procurement Team
- Proactive – self-starter who can work independently and get things done
- Analytical – highly numerate with the ability be data-driven
- Accurate – high attention to detail, with consistency and accuracy in data reporting
- Collaborative – building strong relationships with key stakeholders in the business
- Communication – ability to summarise, keeping stakeholders informed on key initiatives
- Structured – being disciplined, organised, process orientated and working to agreed timescales
- Adaptable – ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to interact with a wide group of people is essential.
- Enthusiasm and tenacity.
- Good IT skills including Excel
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Caroline Jardine firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, full name, YINI registration number (if you have it) and this vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with the YINI scheme to apply. Complete the online application form if you are not already registered. https://www.etrust.org.uk/yini-register