Location - Glasgow
Discipline – Business/Communications
Salary - £15,800
Start date - October 2020
The company are seeking a bright, keen undergraduate or graduate for this role. Responsible for delivering administration and support services to assist our Social Obligations commitments. Responsible for set up, organisation & attendance at events as well as the creation of presentation & delivery of material at stakeholder sessions with customer group, carer groups or National Support Groups. Responsible for pulling together strategy and quality documents under the direction of the SOM as well as building and maintaining contacts to enhance of social outputs. Drive increase of customers added to our PSR register & increase referrals received via forums attended.
- Responsible for creating & delivering presentations to both internal & external groups
- Responsible for building & maintaining relationships with partner organisations in order to drive the social obligations commitments
- Requirement to travel to different locations in the UK to engage with key stakeholders, be involved in and set up events
- Responsible for general administration duties to support the Customer and Social Delivery Team
- Responsible for organisation of diaries, meeting set up, engagement with key stakeholders to arrange visits, meetings and events
- Any other set up arrangements such as Communications, Boards, Catering etc.
- Responsible for engaging with the wider business to ensure delivery is kept on track and escalation where this is not being achieved
- Responsible for process mapping, review and production of strategy papers, quality documents and other operational procedures under the direction of the Social Obligations Manager
- Production of Social Newsletter and other communications for internal use
- Work with Communications Team to draft external material for approval by SOM
- Prepare presentations and other material to assist SOM and General Manager to communicate messages and engage with stakeholders.
- Deliver local initiatives under the guidance of the SOM
- Track Standards such as BSI and ICS standards to ensure awareness of our performance and create action plans to deliver improvements
- Develop draft improvement plans for Social delivery for sign off by SOM
- Available to be flexible in storm/event situations and take on other roles such as call taker etc.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Positive attitude and a flexible approach
- Ability to engage with people and get them on side to support our delivery.
- Ability to engage with other teams across the organisation and other organisation to understand how we can help each other.
- Well organised and experience of being a self-starter in a busy team
- Ability to deal with people internal and external at all levels
- Ability to cut through issues to drive action delivery
- Ability to create improvement plans and work to them
- Ability to produce creative communications and presentations
- Ability to use PowerPoint & Excel
- Ability to action on direction given
- Driving licence as there will be a need to travel
- Flexibility to do what is needed and flex / balance workload to accommodate the delivery of the plan.
- Strong customer service experience
- Required to be able to drive and be willing to travel to any location in the UK – may involve overnight stays
- Required to be flexible in approach to the role and do what is needed to support the team, some external events are at the weekend
- Team Player, able to work with colleagues across teams with a positive attitude.
- Enthusiastic and Flexible approach to work
- Ability to organise own workload, and identify initiatives.
- Computer literate- excel, ability to maintain an action tracker & deliver to timescales
- Able to create presentations & deliver to internal & external groups
- Desired experience of working with vulnerable customers and/or the third sector
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Caroline Jardine-Smith at email@example.com stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference. Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply. See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already.