Location - Glasgow
Discipline – Business/Communications/Marketing
Salary - £15,800
Start date - October 2020
The company are seeking a bright enthusiastic student to support the Communications team. The successful candidate will be working with an international energy company that owns and operates electricity transmission and distribution networks in Central and Southern Scotland, Merseyside, Cheshire and North Wales. With around 3.3m customers, it operates in a government regulated environment with targets set by the UK regulator Ofgem. The company have supported award winning Year in Industry students for many years with great success stories.
Undergraduate planning currently studying for a degree related to Business or Communications and Marketing. May consider a graduate.
Work with our communication team to develop and execute integrated internal and external communications plans on key business activities (ranging from employee engagement and recognition to showcasing innovation and supporting the external awareness campaign). Provide support for the development of communication material and strategies and measurement to evaluate the success of your campaigns.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain a network of stakeholders and work with message owners, business contacts and user groups, ensuring that internal and external communications meet user requirements.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to encourage a consistent approach to managing business content updates and to maintain control of, and look and feel of, portal and website.
- Collect data to measure and evaluate the success of all communication channels ensure communications are of a high quality, effective and delivered to agreed timescales
- Create and develop consistent communication content that can be published across a wide range of communication channels.
- Benchmark innovative and leading-edge communications solutions using new technology to establish and cultivate a contemporary communication culture.
- Work as part of the Communications Team across the Company to share information, knowledge and experience.
- Creation of operational reports
Should have a reasonable business/marketing & communications acumen awareness/knowledge and good knowledge of MS Office.
Ideally, the person would have had a part-time job previously to demonstrate business practices and awareness.
- MS Office including Excel
- Analytical skills e.g. spreadsheets
- Good standard of written English
- Basic awareness or experience of business practices, including marketing/communications
- Awareness and experience of social media channels
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Proactive problem solver
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Comfortable presenting to a small audience on a subject they are knowledgeable about
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact: Caroline Jardine at email@example.com stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference. Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply. See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already.