The work will entail:
- reviewing and validating the customers’ requirements (typically planning drawings with tables of existing and proposed equipment)
- creating a loading log including the environmental parameters (wind speeds, terrain categories etc)
- creating or editing a tower model to suit the existing site
- analysing the tower
- post processing of the results is often required
- creating and issuing a report with the outcome for the customer.
The work is fairly repetitive, however there are multiple tower types and heights. Each site is unique in terms of location & environmental parameters, so the work is not mundane. The results can also commit the customers many thousands of pounds of expenditure, so there is responsibility with the work.
In addition, although the student may not do the following tasks, they will certainly be exposed to them, as they will be working in a design and manufacturing environment.
- Tower and other structural steel design
- Drawing office activities.
- Project management
- Manufacturing of the structures analysed.
We are looking for an IT savvy person: ideally with strong IT skills (working knowledge of Excel macros and/or programming languages).
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Lidia stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered