Placement type: Engineering - suitable for any students with a STEM background
Salary: TBC C£16,000
Start date: September 2020
This company is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry.
Applicants MUST be British Nationals only and have lived in the UK for the past 5 years.
The successful candidate will be motivated, diligent and excited by STEM subjects, be happy working on their own initiative and as part of a small team. The scheme is open to students who have just complete their STEM related ‘A’ level studies or are already studying a relevant university degree looking for a third year placement.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Assisting the cognizant Quality Engineer in the resolution of customer complaints, issues and concerns through reporting, containment, identifying root causes, generating solutions using modern problem solving tools.
- Collate key metrics and performance indicator measures to allow for CAB Reviews (Corrective Action Boards) and to support the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Assist in the management of internal deviations and non-conformances by ensuring changes are controlled, risks are assessed and corrective actions are driven through to completion.
- Generate quality notifications to control potential or actual Non-Conforming material within the manufacturing environment.
- Review and where appropriate standardise procedures to include, adherence to contractual requirements and processes and align with updates to internal and external standards.
- Apply AS9100 and ISO9001 and standards.
- Gain overall understanding of the application of QA activities in a dynamic Aerospace environment and cross-functional support provided by QA.
- Gain understanding of SAP and Solumina software packages and how these systems are utilised by Collins Aerospace.
- Support the Compliance QA team in owning and maintaining the GMP [Good Manufacturing Practice] audits and schedule, and follow up with functional team leaders regarding the close-out of any actions.
Many of our graduate population have commenced their time with us as Year in Industry students and have both enjoyed the work and demonstrated great potential. This could be you and if so, you will have the option of sponsorship and paid work throughout your degree studies. After that you will join our two year Graduate Development Programme. Then? Well like our products the sky’s the limit!
We are located in a lively ocean city in a beautiful part of the UK with access to numerous water and outdoor sports not to mention a world class sports and diving centre. We have a comprehensive benefits package including a flexible 37 hour working week, discounted gym membership, access to a shopping voucher and discount portal and much more, all working within a culture based on positive assumptions in an exceptionally safe, clean and modern working environment.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Ellen at email@example.com stating your interest, full name and this vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.