Placement type: Finance
Salary: TBC C£16,000
Start date: September 2020
This company is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry.
Applicants MUST be British Nationals only and have lived in the UK for the past 5 years.
The successful candidate will be motivated, diligent and excited by STEM subjects, be happy working on their own initiative and as part of a small team. The scheme is open to students who have just complete their STEM related ‘A’ level studies or are already studying a relevant university degree looking for a third year placement.
Key responsibilities can include (but not limited to):-
- Financial Planning and Analysis activities
- Accruals and prepayment analysis
- Analysis of incoterms for recognition of monthly sales
- Monthly invoicing of customers
- Preparation of overhead report
- Support in the capital asset process
- Support in the concur expenses process
- Financial Planning & Accounting process improvements
- Participate in the annual eSox internal controls testing process
- Suggest and implement process improvements within the Finance department
- Assist in ad hoc activities and financial analysis
- Account Reconciliation activities
- Take ownership of certain balance sheet accounts and reconcile / back up the balances as per company policy
- Operations Finance
- Assist the project accountants within the Operations Finance function with various aspects of long term project accounting
Many of our graduate population have commenced their time with us as Year in Industry students and have both enjoyed the work and demonstrated great potential. This could be you and if so, you will have the option of sponsorship and paid work throughout your degree studies. After that you will join our two year Graduate Development Programme. Then? Well like our products the sky’s the limit!
We are located in a lively ocean city in a beautiful part of the UK with access to numerous water and outdoor sports not to mention a world class sports and diving centre. We have a comprehensive benefits package including a flexible 37 hour working week, discounted gym membership, access to a shopping voucher and discount portal and much more, all working within a culture based on positive assumptions in an exceptionally safe, clean and modern working environment.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, full name and this vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.