The company is a technology and data-driven, customer-centric, people-powered business, which sits at the heart of Britain’s complex gas market and manages and processes immense volumes of data for the industry.
An opportunity exists to join the Demand Estimation team, who are responsible for the development and monitoring of gas demand profiles for England, Scotland and Wales.
Based in Solihul, You will work in a modern open plan office, situated close to local shopping centres and other amenities with excellent public transport and motorway links
This is a 12 month placement commencing in the summer/ autumn of 2020
Salary c£15-16k p/a
Applications open to both Pre-university and Undergraduate students for intervewis in March 2020
The company is a technology and data-driven, customer-centric, people-powered business, which sits at the heart of Britain’s complex gas market and manages and processes immense volumes of data for the industry. As a platform business in a service market, we bring digital technology, data and expertise together, in order to make transactions between energy producers and end-users easier and smoother. For example, we run the systems that allow consumers to change their gas supplier. As custodians of gas industry data, we store information for all 24 million gas meter points in Britain, ensure everyone is invoiced correctly, and that the gas market balances each day.
An opportunity exists to join the Demand Estimation team, who are responsible for the development and monitoring of gas demand profiles for England, Scotland and Wales. This is achieved by managing and collecting data from a sample of gas consumers and then analysing the trends and relationship to factors such as weather and holiday periods.
The gas demand profiles are important to our customers and the team needs to continually improve the accuracy by utilising the latest analytical software and statistical techniques.
The culture of the team is positive, enthusiastic, trusting and supportive which all contributes towards achieving our objectives.
You will work in a modern open plan office, close to local shopping centres and other amenities with excellent public transport and motorway links
The successful candidate will become a key member of the Demand Estimation team and the job role will include a number of responsibilities, which include:
• Manage the collection of daily gas consumption data from multiple stakeholders, perform detailed analysis, highlighting and resolving data errors
• Daily monitoring of system flows, ensuring files and data are transferred as per documented
• Supporting team members with delivery of analysis during peak periods and contributing towards continual process improvement
• Collect and maintain the team’s progress against performance indicators as set out in various
• Arrange and coordinate regular internal meetings, liaising with all team members ensuring that all necessary pre-work has been completed and all outstanding actions have been addressed.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as being extremely organised
• The ability to work on own initiative, solve problems and challenge/improve current processes
• Advanced skills in MS applications including Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
• The ability to interrogate and manipulate large data sets
• Lives the Frankly Covey 7 habits
• Experience in using SQL/Python/SAS would be an advantage
• Qualifications in/studying for Mathematics and Data Analytics would be an advantage
NB: Placement Offers subject to completion of background checks