• Start Date: Summer/Autumn 2020
• Salary: TBC
• Location: Ascot
• Disciplines: manufacturing, mechanical, material science, natural science or related technical degree
We are a global leader in the design, development and production of synthetic diamond and tungsten carbide supermaterials. Part of the De Beers Group, we employ over 1,900 people. Our primary manufacturing sites are located in the UK, Ireland, Germany, South Africa, and the US.
We strive to deliver extreme performance through the development of cutting-edge synthetic diamond and tungsten carbide solutions.
Since 1959, our focus has been on developing the diamond synthesis process to enable innovative synthetic diamond and tungsten carbide solutions. As well as being the planet’s hardest material, diamond’s extreme and diverse properties give it high tensile strength, chemical inertness, broad optical transmission and very high thermal conductivity.
- Studying or going on to study mechanical or manufacturing engineering, manufacturing, material sciences or natural science degree or related technical discipline.
- Minimum attained or predicted A’ Level grades of A-C in maths and sciences or 2:1 for those studying at university
- Ability to undertake autonomous and safe working unsupervised when in our production areas.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A diligent worker with a keen eye for detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office software
If you would like to request that your CV be put forward for this placement opportunity please contact Maria at email@example.com stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply. See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.