• Start Date: Summer/Autumn 2020
• Salary: TBC
• Location: London
• Disciplines: Engineering, Product Design, Physics
We are using revolutionary technology and design to help smokers change their relationship with nicotine. We're a London-based technology start-up that began with a simple, yet ambitious mission. To help people quit smoking, for good.Unlike any other company, we are supporting people on their journey to zero. Not just zero cigarettes, but also zero nicotine. We think it’s time smokers were given a smarter option and we will continue to innovate for a smoke-free and nicotine-free world.
If you’re a bright, ambitious Mechanical Engineer, we’ve got an exciting job working in our London office. As part of our growing development team, you’ll help to create, analyse and develop innovative and complex electro-mechanical products and systems.
What you’ll do
We are looking for someone who can:
- Produce innovative concepts and carry ideas through from brainstorm to detailed prototype
- Develop methodical test procedures and build test rigs to prove concepts and verify designs
- Gather and analyse data and write reports, to provide creative solutions to problems with prototypes and existing products.
What you’ll need
Of course, you’ll have/be expecting good A Level results in maths and physics, and preferably have some work experience in a relevant industry. You’ll also be a great team player and as keen as we are to produce work to the highest possible standards. You’ll be comfortable with a start-up environment and not afraid to get your hands dirty or learn new skills. We’d also like you to have some, or all, of the below:
- An appreciation of scientific method – able to follow and develop test methods with patience and a keen eye for detail.
- Experience analysing data in Excel/Google Sheets, writing reports in Word and presenting findings in PowerPoint.
- Experience using CAD software
- Hands on experience with workshop tools
Bonus experience could include:
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Use of 3D printers
- Appreciation of mechatronic systems and basic coding (e.g Arduino/Raspberry Pi) and data analysis using python/visual basic
If you would like to request that your CV be put forward for this placement opportunity please contact Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply. See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.