• Start Date: Summer/Autumn 2020
• Location: West Reading (they will on consider local students and not relocators)
• Discipline: Mechanical Engineering
• Company overview:
The role of the YINI student is broad in scope and will be adapted each year in parallel with the company needs during the year of placement. This will also be adapted to suit the strengths of the student. There is a set induction process which means that any student can expect to spend the first three months in the production environment (shop floor perforating on shift, and in the toolroom learning tool refurbishment) This is done to provide a solid understanding of the capabilities of the company and to allow the student to look at how they can add value to any project that they might be given at a later stage in terms of technical or logistical improvements.
Throughout your placement it will be your responsibility to maintain and oversee the Research and development system. This is the company’s way of keeping track of its research projects their goals, expenditure and outcomes.
The company will look and move you into a different area away from production, so you can gain a complete picture of the different aspects of working within an SME. This may be sales and marketing, production planning, or purchasing. You may also by then have identified a project and be working on this alongside other duty.
Examples of previous projects have been:
- Developed an intuitive spreadsheet for use in sales department
- Developed an algorithm for use in quoting and estimating (entered for EDT contribution to Business |Awards - received highly commended in regional finals.
- Will be driving by the Summer/Autumn
- ideally an A in maths and a science
- local to Reading
- Good Excel
- prepared to do an initial period on the shop floor
- lots of variation
- competitive salary
- you will be part of the team and treated as such
If you would like to request that your CV be put forward for this placement opportunity please contact Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply. See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.