This placementy is for an immediate start, December/January to September 2020
YINI - Photometric and Laboratory technician
Office based within in-house laboratory.
The laboratory works within the frame work of ISO 17025, and is approved by external laboratories.
Microsoft Office – predominantly Excel.
LabView (Prewritten programs)
Test equipment bespoke software
3D CAD Solidworks (infrequent)
Responsibilities and Duties;
- Ongoing Life testing of LED module – Running controlled performance testing of LED over time, and presenting the results.
- LED Production line quality (Light Characteristic testing.)
- Performance (Photometric) Testing -
- Sphere testing - measurement and reporting light characteristics
- Gonio Photometric testing – measuring emitted light over angle.
- Elexon charge code testing (Electrical Performance)
- Testing lighting fitting in various operating modes.
- General office administration
Review and improve current LED light characteristic testing.
Review and improve Life performance testing process and ‘automated’ reporting.
Automation of test equipment – maintaining quality of results, implement automatic running, and results capture using suitable process, and software.
Set up customer demonstration of test equipment – including “light” show.
Develop an optical design tool for “bubble” optics