Main placement purpose
The lab manager is looking for an assistant to help with all aspects of running the lab. Depending on the candidate this could include:
Helping to run workshops for up to 32 school students
Help to design and test new workshops, and improve existing workshops
- Respond to enquiries from schools and manage calendar bookings
- Maintain a database of schools who have attended workshops
- Collate feedback forms, input onto the database and analyse results
- Designing, testing and improving workshops.
- Create presentations on new workshops
- Visit labs in other countries to collect ideas for new workshops or events
- Help to organise summer schools and special events
- Maintain inventory of lab equipment
- Help to allocate existing lab volunteers to different workshops
This role would greatly enhance the CV and experience of someone going on to study or enter a career in any of the follow fields:
- Natural Sciences
The ideal candidate would be confident, articulate and enthusiastic about science, particularly biology and chemistry. They will have experience of working with young people and be open to new experiences and the different elements of running a school’s laboratory. They will be encouraged to contribute their own ideas to make the workshops as interesting to young people as possible, but also be prepared to undertake the administrative tasks needed to maintain the efficient running of the lab. Above all, they should want to inspire young people with their own love of science.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Maria stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.