- Student type: Pre-university or Undergraduate
- Start date: Summer/Autumn 2020
- Duration: 12 Months
- Salary: TBC
- Location: Basingstoke Hampshire
- Discipline: chemical, electrical or mechanical engineering
We are an applications-led designer and manufacturer of industrial mixing equipment. Each of our machines is uniquely designed to meet the specific process requirements of our customers. Our busy Sales Operations team ascertain customer requirements, develop the machine specifications accordingly to meet their needs and sell these to the customers.
We are looking for a capable individual who possesses exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, who wishes to develop in this technical/commercial environment. Induction training throughout the company will be provided. This is a hands-on role where your contribution will be noticed and celebrated for its achievement.
- Sales support activities for both New and Used machinery sales.
- Sales support activities for Spares, Repairs and Warranties.
- Technical Publications:-
- Parts Guide - Inlets / Outlets PDF’s
- Mixer Data sheets
- Application Data Sheets
- Photo sequence Maintenance Guidance Sheets
- Lifting diagrams
- New machine manuals
- Assistance with Lab trials and production of test reports as required.
- Website status additions/amendments/used machinery for sale maintenance.
- Customer liaison; making follow up calls and preparing Quotations as required.
- Exhibition support.
- Administration support as required – particularly holiday cover.
- Technical sales assistance – preparing quotations, technical schematics, etc.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, with good telephone manner being particularly important.
- Good numeracy, computer literacy and proficiency in Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint.
- Good attention to detail.
- Capable of multi-tasking, prioritising and self-managing.
- Experience of AutoCad/Inventor would also be beneficial.
- Positive attitude.
It is expected that the candidate would be working towards a relevant Engineering degree such as Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical
UK and national travel may be required from time to time to visit customers and suppliers. Travel may also be required when supporting exhibitions.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Maria stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply. See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.