- Student type: Pre-university or Undergraduate
- Start date: Summer/Autumn 2020
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary: TBC
- Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
- Discipline: chemical, electrical or mechanical
We are an applications-led designer and manufacturer of industrial mixing capital equipment. Each of our machines is uniquely designed to meet the specific process requirements of our customers. Once the Sales team have received an order, our Projects team assist in the planning, co-ordination and control of activities associated with the project management of customer orders. This ensures that customer orders are executed in a timely and cost-effective way with a focus on producing quality machinery.
We are looking for a capable individual who possesses exceptional communication skills, both written and oral and good problem solving skills. Multi-tasking and prioritising projects will be essential within this role. Induction training throughout the company will be provided. This is a hands-on role where your contribution will be noticed and celebrated for its achievement. You would be part of a multi-disciplined environment with good exposure to the shop floor, design engineering, mixing test centre and customers.
- Supporting the Project Manager as necessary
- Managing a number of smaller projects under the direction of the Project Manager, including used and significant Service and Repairs projects
- Maintain, update and create various schedules, project plans and documents to support operations and project management
- Attend production and project meetings to contribute and gather information
- Work with the production supervisors and Project Manager to monitor the progression of jobs, and support our quality endeavours to ensure we have quality drawings and manufacturing
- Liaise with Purchasing on any supplied parts or issues affecting delivery
- Liaise with and visit customers as required to progress projects
- Use of company databases and systems
- Administration support as required – particularly holiday cover
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Capable of multi-tasking, prioritising, and self-managing
- Good attention to detail
- Team player
- IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office, predominantly Excel & Word, and ideally MS Project. Use of MRP/ERP systems is desirable.
It is expected that the candidate would be working towards a relevant BEng/MSC Engineering degree such as Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please email: Maria Taylor: email@example.com stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply. See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.