- Start Date – September 2020
- Salary - £15,000
- Location – Winfrith, Dorset
- Looking to study or studying Business, Marketing or other related courses
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join a successful and growing company in Winfrith, Dorset.
The company together with its subsidiaries, is a technological leader in many sectors and has an excellent reputation. They have a unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems.
The company is looking to employ an individual who is keen to progress and who has a real passion and desire to understand the business domain. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Surface Ships Division.
You will be given guidance and mentoring to develop your skills in supporting a range of tasks.
- An interest in Sales and Marketing and/or Project Management
- Business and Management Degree
- Marketing Degree
- Pre University welcome
- Client Relationship Management (CRM) (Opportunity review meetings, updates & adding new opportunities, contacts)
- Campaign Planning
- Market survey / competitor info / market intelligence
- Data sheets / technical specifications / presentation material
- Press releases
- Compilation of sales contact info
- Assist with Road Maps
- Maintain Product Intranet Sites
- Updating Surface Ships Home page on the intranet with new
- Set up SharePoint Project sites for bids and help manage correctly
- Scheduling Life Cycle Management Reviews / Create bid plan
- Update / chase actions
- Filing original signed reviews
- Chase bid approvals
- Document Planning / Document Structure Templates / Document formatting
- Owning the Divisions LCM review schedule and ensuring compliance to the LCM governance process. Scheduling and attending the reviews, minute and action taking / chasing / closing, ensuring the correct personnel are involved, procedures followed and the correct documentation is completed and retained.
- Support to monthly Ships project reviews, Business Contract Reviews and Integrated Management meetings in:
- Organisation (Ships Project Review)
- Records of meetings (Ships Project Review)
- Critical action management – Logging, chasing and resolving. (Ships Project Review, Business Contract Reviews and Integrated Management meetings)
- Collation of high level LCM actions from Project Reviews for Business Contract Reviews
- High level risk collation for analysis
- Active LCM, engineering lifecycle and milestone tracking and reporting
- Supporting Project Managers with forecasting
- Monitoring of Labour bookings to bids and projects
- Bid support for future opportunities (Co-ordinating the development of Gantts, bid planning, set up SharePoint bid project sites, help to manage sites, documentation planning, document template creating, proofing and editing documents)
- Supporting Ships resource requirements for PM’s and Project Controllers
- Working with the others in the division to look at Business Improvement across the Division (eg Lessons Leant Log)
What we are looking for in you:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent, at Grade A* - C including English, Maths and a Science or Engineering related subject.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance)
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact: Ellen Pugsley at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.