- Start Date – September 2020
- Salary - £15,000
- Location – Winfrith, Dorset
- Looking to study or studying Business, Marketing or other related courses
The company is a growing business that is building on its legacy of innovation for underwater systems for the Royal Navy. Operating from its Headquarters at Winfrith in Dorset the company has invested in its unique in-house test and integration facilities in order to support its growth in supply to UK and export markets of submarine and ship systems, including sonar, autonomous systems, marine electric actuation and mine counter-measures. The company has waterside access in Portland Harbour that provides the company and its partners with excellent facilities to test systems at sea, particularly those from its Autonomy portfolio.
The company is a leading innovative maritime systems company operating throughout all phases of the acquisition and engineering lifecycles, from concept to In-service Support.
The company is looking to employ a Year in Industry / Placement student within the Surface Ship Systems division to assist, the Sales Team with winning business, the Head of Delivery with Project Management support and the Sales Co-Ordinator in the adhere to processes.
You will be given guidance and mentoring to develop your skills in supporting a range of tasks.
The principal duties:
- Maintaining the opportunities pipeline with direction from the sales team
- Scheduling and tracking review meetings
- Logging review approval documentation
- Assisting the sales team maintain opportunity and technology roadmaps
- Assisting the sales team with campaign planning
- Assisting the sales team with writing and preparing tender documentation
- Assisting the sales team with market research
- Assisting the marketing department in gathering information for and writing press releases and updating marketing material plus ad-hoc marketing tasks
- Attendance and support to exhibitions and trade shows
- Assisting the Head of Delivery and the Project Managers in risk collation for analysis, forecasting, minute taking, progressing actions and other ad-hoc Project Management tasks
- Maintaining the Surface Ship Systems internal intranet site
- Administrative support to the Sales Co-ordinator and division
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Good work ethic, willingness to take on a variety of tasks
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to interact with people at all levels both within the company and externally
- Prioritise and manage personal workload to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Computer literacy in order to operate information systems. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. MS Project and Visio knowledge would be an advantage.
Key accountabilities may include
- Ensuring adherence to AEUK Sales and Lifecycle Management Processes
- Management of the opportunities database
What we are looking for in you:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent, at Grade A* - C (New grading: 9-4) including English, Maths and a Science or Business-related subject.
- On course for or going onto study a degree in Business Management, Marketing, Project Management or related subject
- Pre and post University welcome
- Placement intake planned for September 2020.
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance)
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact: Ellen Pugsley at email@example.com stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.