• Start Date: June/ July 2021
• Salary: £17,000
• Location: Ascot, Berkshire - please not the site is about 30 minute walk from Ascot train station
• Disciplines: Studying or going on to study Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration however an interest in this area is more important than the degree you are studying, could be Engineering and Sciences also.
Although this is a predominately adminstrative placement. You will be working in a production environment, rather than an office.
We are a global leader in the design, development and production of synthetic diamond and tungsten carbide supermaterials. We employ over 1,900 people. Our primary manufacturing sites are located in the UK, Ireland, Germany, South Africa, and the US.
We strive to deliver extreme performance through the development of cutting-edge synthetic diamond and tungsten carbide solutions.
Since 1959, our focus has been on developing the diamond synthesis process to enable innovative synthetic diamond and tungsten carbide solutions. As well as being the planet’s hardest material, diamond’s extreme and diverse properties give it high tensile strength, chemical inertness, broad optical transmission and very high thermal conductivity.
- This is a one-year internship working as an integral member of our Supply Chain team, reporting to our Supply Chain & Planning Business Partner.
- The successful candidate will be based in our Ascot World Class Manufacturing Site.
- The role will involve dealing with suppliers and working alongside internal team customers.
- The position will involve using the company’s ERP system as well as standard MS Office
- Safety culture is a priority given the inherent higher risks and hazards of our industrial processes and working environment.
Duties and tasks
- Delivering work safely and to a standard that ensures the health and safety of others.
- Working closely with a wide range of stakeholders across multiple departments.
- Developing a strong understanding of our integrated supply chain, procurement and logistics processes, to deliver an effective Supply Chain service to our internal and external stakeholders.
- Member of the stock cycle counting team who will carry out regular stock checks.
- Booking & shipping of goods to customers worldwide.
- Issuing & closing of work-orders & support in work-flow planning.
- Support Value Streams to improve Promise Adherence of delivery to customer.
- Actively maintain 5s standards and work towards improving Standardisation.
- Be a role model for our Company values.
- Studying or going on to study Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or other relevant degree.
- Minimum attained or predicted A’ Level grades of A-C. Attained or predicted 2:1 for those studying at university.
- Ability to undertake autonomous and safe working unsupervised when in our production areas.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; Ability to work well with others in order to build rapport throughout the site.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A diligent worker with a keen eye for detail and right first-time approach.
- Excellent computer literacy skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel.
- Strong organisation skills and time management.
- Capable of working in a challenging environment and resolving multiple tasks and initiatives simultaneously.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact: Ellen Pugsley at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.