Computer Science - Undergraduate role
Line Manager/ reports to: Senior Engineer
General Terms & Conditions: 37.5hrs/week, 25days holiday + bank holiday
Other benefits if applicable: Flexible working hours
Placement Start date / Duration: Start Summer 2021, 12-14 months
Would like to interview in: Interviews in Apr 2021 (via Teams)
A spin-out from The University of Oxford. We produce the most precise and accurate flow control valves in the world; our range of pressure flow regulators are a fraction of the weight of traditional products and virtually maintenance free. Our disruptive technology is used in water & gas distribution networks, oil & gas processes, and other industrial applications. Pressure Reducing Valves (PRVs) represent a $3.5bn sector of the global $65bn valve and actuator market.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
You will be supported throughout your time at the company by the project lead and your line manager. Working in a fast-paced, innovative, start-up environment will develop both your technical and soft skills whilst giving you invaluable industry experience. Where required, relevant training will be provided including on-the-job learning. There will be opportunities to develop your communication skills when presenting your work to the rest of the team. You will be responsible for managing your workload and may have the chance to work on multiple projects simultaneously, improving your time and task-management.
The role will be based in our offices in central Oxford, a 10min walk from the train station. We are following government guidelines and hope to be working either full-time or part-time from our offices by the Summer, with “bubbles” in place. Our core working hours are 9:30 – 4:00 and we work a flexible 7.5hr day, 5 days a week. We have 35 employees and a great team atmosphere. We have a young and dynamic engineering team; many cycle to work and we usually walk to local food suppliers during our 1hr lunch break.
- Currently studying a relevant engineering degree and on track for at least a 2:1
- Good analytical skills
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Practical experience is beneficial
- Familiarity / understanding of cloud based services, especially AWS
- Familiarity with RDBMS, especially PostgreSQL.
- Understanding of networking, network security and IT security generally.
- Experience with administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git.
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team
- Strong communication and written skills.
TO APPLY for this placement or for more information, please contact: Mel Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must already be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.