Start Date: August/ September 2021
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Looking for a graduate having studied for a Software Engineering, Computer Science or relevant degree. Would also suit a electronic/ mechatronic engineering student with an interest in Software.
Please note this is a graduate postion - you need to have graduated or be graduating in 2021, not a year placement
- This is a three year contract
- They will have access to the same opportunity to learning and development as the rest of the team, including the potential to further their study.
- They will be based at the Innovation Centre in Abingdon but thanks to GKN Automotive’s global footprint they may get the chance to work on international projects (travel restrictions allowing)
Advertised via YINI please make applications via YINI rather than direct to the company
GKN Automotive is the world’s largest supplier of driveline technologies to the automotive industry. Our engineering puts driveline innovation into series production. Our systems integration expertise and software calibration capabilities make us a strong and trusted partner for electrification, all-wheel drive programmes and new vehicle concepts.
Our global network of production and engineering centres gives the company a presence in 21 countries. Our 54 manufacturing facilities and 5 technology centres are strategically located to ensure customers benefit from local supply chains and world-class technical support.
With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
Purpose of Job
- Supporting the Software and Controls development of the GKN Automotive Innovation Centre’s projects
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Create and develop embedded algorithms for microcontrollers
- Develop algorithms for sensors, electrical actuators, control systems and communication channels
- Implement software using state-of-the art methods and tools
- Perform tests and analyse results
- Analysis of software requirements from related systems and components
- Prepare and deliver software components for integration
- Working closely within a multi-discipline team (software/electronics/mechanical/testing)
- Engineering degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- Communication Skills
- Programming Languages (C, Matlab, Python)
- Basic Electronics
Desirable Experience and Skills
- This is a graduate placement role, so no specific experience expected, but involvement in engineering projects as a hobby or within a student team an advantage
- A demonstratable interest in engineering
- A willingness to actively learn
- Flexibility to work on a variety of tasks
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact: Ellen Pugsley at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.