Placement type: Mechanical Engineering
Start date: August 2020
Are you a current undergraduate seeking a 1-year placement?
Do you want to work with cutting edge technology being shaped by your ideas?
The company is one of the world’s leading specialists in the field of drive and control technologies. They supply customers with tailored solutions for driving, controlling and moving industrial applications, factory automation equipment, mobile applications and renewable power generation. At the plant in Glenrothes, Scotland, they design, develop and manufacture hydraulic radial piston motors, working in partnership with class-leading international OEM’s in a wide variety of industries such as material handling, construction, municipal and forestry machinery.
There are 2 placements detailed below:
062CJSSCA - Applications - Outline of Responsibilities
- Complex motor endurance life calculations
- Utilise MATLAB to validate and optimise new designs
- Experiment specification and design for research and development testing
- Analyse field and customer test data and document conclusions
- Update and create datasheets
- Project Support
062CJSSCP - Projects - Outline of Responsibilities
Support of the project team and the project manager within a new platform development project during:
- prototype testing
- organise sample parts
- organise/perform measurements
- organise/assist R&D tests
- investigate required design improvements
- simultaneous Engineering with suppliers
- determination of cost impact due to changes
- conducting machining capability and approval of first article inspection
- implementation of new assembly process into an existing assembly line
- scheduling, coordinating and following up tasks related to different departments to meet milestones according to target baseline
Good MS office knowledge and excellent written and verbal communication skills, self-starter, able to work alone and as part of a team are required.
To apply for these placements or for more information, please contact Caroline Jardine-Smith by email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.