Placement type: Architecture
Salary: National Living Wage
Start date: August 2020
The placement is open to both undergraduates and pre-university students. Start date will be around August 2020 for a duration of 12 months. The company is a partnership of diverse design talents working together to create great buildings and places for living. Their aim, in everything they do, is to make a quality contribution to this purpose and to benefit society at the same time as meeting and exceeding their clients’ expectations. The practice is comprised of different specialist design teams, all working together to create high-quality projects. In-house, they have architects, landscape designers, sustainability specialists, planners, a communications team, and support services including finance, marketing, HR and IT.
The practice is a lively, creative and sociable environment in which they collaborate to deliver some really exciting, groundbreaking and award-winning projects. They work solely within the built environment, so an interest in places and how people use them is essential. The business is spread across four UK locations – Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol and their head office in London. The company are seeking a bright, enthusiastic Year in Industry student who is currently studying/planning to undertake a degree in architecture/architectural technology. Good IT skills and written English are required.
To assist project teams in the production and administration of project information. To ensure the smooth operation of the company's office function on a day to day basis through supporting and providing a service to the internal customer.
On Project Activity
To support the project team through contributing to the production of information, and through carrying out ad hoc duties at the request of the project team.
Some duties will include:
- Making physical models of projects;
- Producing images, preparing reports, drawings and visualisations using the appropriate IT package;
- Printing documents and drawings, presenting in an appropriate manner (binding for example), and distributing;
- Updating drawing registers;
- Preparation of materials for exhibitions, presentations and other purposes;
- Project filing and archiving;
- Delivery of successful project information to HTA’s quality standards.
Some duties will include:
- To maintain systems in working order and reduce losses by efficiently communicating and where necessary actively coordinating the repair of faults occurring with IT and office equipment
- To communicate clearly and positively with the Studio Manager and other members of the Project team to ensure a full and smooth office operation.
- Covering the reception desk, taking and directing telephone calls using the switchboard system, and ensuring messages are delivered to the appropriate persons;
- Booking travel in the absence of the Studio Manager
- Sorting and distribution of post;
- Providing refreshments and catering for meetings;
- IT Logistics
- To assist with office moves whilst observing H&S principles. This may include the relocation of office equipment and hardware.
- To assist with the training of new Project Assistants and to take responsibility for the Project Assistant Manual, ensuring that it is up to date with relevant policies and procedures.
- To assist with the supervision of work experience placements, and provide day to day coaching to enhance their knowledge of our business.
- Commitment to Continued Professional Development.
DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY SCALE
Most tasks require overseeing
Some tasks require overseeing
Minimal supervision required and may be responsible for the work of others
Wide-ranging responsibilities for meeting objectives
Strategic responsibilities for the office as a whole
- Where appropriate, all staff are required to:
- Take ownership of, and contribute to, internal and external communications activity both in their job role and as part of their overall strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to embracing and promoting a positive approach to the achievement of acceptance, openness, and equality of opportunity at work for people from under-represented groups (i.e. such as those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ and BAME communities).
- Promote and develop individual and company-wide activities which support and enhance environmental sustainability and health and safety objectives.
- Comply with their Data Protection Policies when handling personal data in the course of employment including personal data relating to any employee, worker, contractor, customer, client, supplier or agent of the Company.
- Establish good working relationships with both internal and external clients and provide a high-quality service which meets their needs.
N.B. This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
A minimum of 5 Highers, Grade A – C. Ideally including Art & Design.
Working Hours: 09.00 – 17.30 with a one-hour lunch break.
Early and late working hours will occasionally be required to meet project demands.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A good standard of education, including a clear grasp of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reliable and punctual with effective time management, strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload effectively whilst remaining calm under pressure.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Conscientious, self-motivated and proactive with the ability to use own initiative and work efficiently.
- Approachable, friendly and professional with a 'can-do' attitude.
- Good attention to detail, ensuring excellent customer service and presentation of one's self and the delivery of hospitality support, particularly when client facing.
- Flexible with a willingness to learn and participate in reasonable tasks outside of normal job scope.
- High level of intellect and logical thought process
- Good knowledge of ordering and stock takes.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at work and kitchen hygiene practices.
- Good general health with the ability to lift and carry items/bags/boxes of a reasonable weight and size.
- Manual Handling certificate is desirable, but not essential.
- Fire Safety/Warden and/or First Aid certificate is desirable but not essential.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Caroline Jardine-Smith by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , stating your interest, full name, and this vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with the YINI scheme to apply. See the YINI application page to complete the online application form if you are not already registered.