Location: Oldham, Greater Manchester
Placement type: Electronic
Salary: TBC but competitive (plus relocation allowance of £250 per month if you need to relocate for the role)
Start date: September 2021
The placement is with a semiconductor manufacturing organisation and will start in September 2021 for 1 full year. This role is open to Undergraduates and Graduates. This role would principally be using the academic skills the candidate has acquired as an undergraduate to work within the European Marketing team of a Semiconductor Manufacturing organisation.
MAIN PLACEMENT PURPOSE
Applications Engineering is an extraordinarily broad area. The placement student would be expected to do some or all of the following (and maybe other things beyond):
- Direct customer support in responding to technical queries.
- Creation of technical content such as application notes, how-to guides, test specifications, drawings and diagrams.
- Origination of circuit design ideas to solve the problem for customers.
- Simulation and test of components and circuits.
- Creation, editing and use of SPICE models.
- Use of mathematical tools (from a calculator or Excel up to MATLAB etc) to explain or simulate behaviours.
- Commercial interactions with customers, either on-site or at customer sites.
- Hands-on creation of physical demo units
This placement offers the student a very wide experience without pigeon-holing them into one specific area. It will give exposure to and understanding of many disciplines of electronic engineering within the exciting and fast-growing field of Automotive electronics – an area set for clear growth over the coming years.
- Work both independently and collaboratively on complex multi-disciplinary projects within an automotive context
- Design work through specification, component selection, circuit design, layout and implementation
- Write supporting documentation for components and circuit designs, design and applications notes
- Creating functional block diagrams of key applications
- Practical lab work, including prototyping, measurement and test of devices and circuits
- Design, populate and test evaluation and demonstration boards
- Support the Automotive new product introduction process
- A real passion and excitement for electronics
- Good A level results in Maths/Physics or Higher National Diploma in Electronics
- Degree in Electronics (Passed or studying for )
- Understanding of Analog circuits such as op amps, transistors, power supplies
- Ability to use MS software
- Good interpersonal skills
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.