Location: Oldham, Manchester
Placement type: Project Management - requires electronic knowledge
Salary: TBC but competitive (plus relocation allowance of £250 per month if you need to relocate for the role)
Start date: September 2021
The placement is with a semiconductor manufacturing organisation and will start in September 2021 for 1 full year. This role is open to Undergraduates and Graduates.
MAIN PLACEMENT PURPOSE
Reporting directly to the Project Engineering Manager you will work closely with 3 individual project engineers to learn the systems and flows we currently follow. During this time, they will gain a full appreciation of the product development cycle of a Discrete Semiconductor and the communication networks across our global facilities.
Having gained that initially experience they will then take their learning to derive a process and reporting flow that will bring value to the team in prioritising projects and delivery the critical ones on time so we can realise the forecasted revenues.
We are looking to attract a student with an interest in semiconductors and /or project management discipline and working in a global organisation.
- To study the current project management process across the group
- To devise a system for ensuring the top critical projects are delivered on time
- To propose a reporting format for project tracking
- Understanding the project management cycle and process
- Collation of all active projects into one tracking system
- Running a project from start to completion
- Generating delay log and completing analysis before presenting root cause and recommending corrective actions
- Delivering and presenting a plan for future improvement
- Ability to communicate across multiple levels of structure
- Data analysis
- Project Management
- Team player,
During the time in the group, they will have on the job training in terms of the build sequence for discrete semiconductor. Will get full exposure to our inhouse tools from product concept to market release.
Training opportunities will be provided to develop their use of Microsoft programs such as Excel, Project, PowerPoint etc.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please email Caroline Jardine at email@example.com stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.