Start Date –September 2021
Salary - £15,839
Location - Glasgow
Disciplines – Finance/Accountancy/Maths
Excellent opportunity to join one of the world’s largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. They are the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity. The company are seeking a bright enthusiastic finance student to work as part of a team in their Energy Retail Control division. The placement is for one full year, starting in September 2020 and open to school leavers and undergraduates
Working with 2 key teams within the Energy Retail Control function providing:
- Month End Reporting assistance for Power and Gas and other ad hoc duties to assist the Energy Margins Team.
- Administrative and analytical support to the Planning & Investment team
Activities and Responsibilities
Assisting in the preparation of month-end management accounts for Power and Gas including domestic and business customer number analysis, income and cost analysis and billing reconciliations.
Planning & Investment
Supporting the administration of the contract sign off process and undertaking competitor analysis covering pricing, customer numbers, service performance and review of published financial statements.
- Meeting Set Deadlines
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Skills
- Strong Excel knowledge as work is spreadsheet-based
- Able to communicate well with others in person and in writing
- Excel spreadsheet and PowerPoint skills.
- Accounting/Finance knowledge
- Interest in current affairs would be beneficial.
Accounting and/or Mathematics, English - Highers/A Levels or equivalent
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact:
Caroline Jardine at email@example.com stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.