Purpose: To provide technical and analytical support for a range of tasks associated with rolling stock ownership and leasing primarily; fleet technical management, heavy maintenance provision, new build or refurbishment projects and asset inspection.
Reports To: Fleet Engineer, Fleet Manager or Project Manager
• Analysis of data to identify and support opportunities to increase fleet reliability
• Support feasibility studies into the reliability improvement, fleet modifications and obsolescence management programmes
• Asset documentation, records and knowledge management
• Liaise with train operators, maintainers and suppliers involved with the delivery, modification, maintenance and operation of assets in order to ensure that business objectives are met
• Provision of detailed technical information and reports to support business cases and proposals
• Maintain the fleet reliability tool and provide reports into the Operational Fleet Review
• Support of Design Authority on legacy fleets, management of configuration on non-DA fleets
• Analysis of data to identify and support opportunities to optimise activities
• Planning and supporting implementation of reliability improvement and obsolescence management programmes
• Maintain Quarterly reports as evidence of development for future Chartership application with relevant Institution.
• Seek opportunities to engage in the UK Rail Industry with a focus on growing a professional network and presenting any gained knowledge back to the company.
To apply for this placement please contact Lidia stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.