Start Date – Summer/ autumn 2021, 12 months contract
Salary - c £15 - 16 000 p/a
Location - Solihull, West Midlands
Interviewing - in March/ April 2021
The company is a new product-oriented technology and data services company. We are an independently owned business bringing in private investment to fuel innovation in the centre of the gas market and beyond. We deliver services to the gas industry’s Central Data Services Provider through a commercial contract. This contract embraces existing commitments, including the passion and drive to deliver outstanding customer service, whilst adding the flexibility to deliver new products and services.
An opportunity exists to join the Demand Estimation team, who are responsible for the development and monitoring of gas demand profiles for England, Scotland and Wales. This is achieved by managing and collecting data from a sample of gas consumers and then analysing the trends and relationship to factors such as weather and holiday periods.
The gas demand profiles are important to our customers and the team needs to continually improve the accuracy by utilising the latest analytical software and statistical techniques.
The culture of the team is positive, enthusiastic, trusting and supportive which all contributes towards achieving our objectives. The team has been working with Year in Industry students successfully now for over 10 years.
The successful candidate will become a key member of the Demand Estimation team and the job role will include a number of responsibilities, which include:
• Manage the collection of daily gas consumption data from multiple stakeholders, perform
detailed analysis, highlighting and resolving data errors
• Daily monitoring of system flows, ensuring files and data are transferred as per documented timescales
• Supporting team members with delivery of analysis during peak periods and contributing
towards continual process improvement
• Collect and maintain the team’s progress against performance indicators as set out in various
• Arrange and coordinate regular internal meetings, liaising with all team members ensuring that
all necessary pre-work has been completed and all outstanding actions have been addressed.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as being extremely organised
• The ability to work on own initiative, solve problems and challenge/improve current processes
• Advanced skills in MS applications including Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
• The ability to interrogate and manipulate large data sets
• Lives the Frankly Covey 7 habits
• Experience in using SQL/Python/SAS would be an advantage
• Qualifications in/studying for Mathematics and Data Analytics would be an advantage
NB: Placement Offers subject to completion of background checks
How We Work
We encourage you to, ‘Dress for your day’ and, ‘Locate for your day’. It’s a simple as that. We’re happy to talk flexible working with everyone who works at Correla and will work with you to have some flexibility over where, when and what hours you work. We want you to be able to participate fully in your work life without compromising your family commitments or general wellbeing. So, our aim is to provide the tools, technologies and work practices to make that a reality.
Our Core Four Behaviours
The Core Four help us achieve our strategy by underpinning our direction of travel.
Dream Big: We embrace change and the future.
We challenge the ‘norm’ and work together to push boundaries and innovate.
Delight Customers: We do what we say we will.
Our customers are our priority and we identify and anticipate their needs.
Drive Success: Mediocre isn’t an option!
We take responsibility to achieve results and create an environment that enables everyone to perform at their best.
Develop You: We take every opportunity to develop.
We develop ourselves and others and build relationships based on trust and integrity.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact: Mel Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must already be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.