Location Greenock – commutable from Glasgow
Start Date September 2021 for 12 months
Are you an undergraduate living in a location that is commutable to Greenock and working towards a Degree in Business with a keen interest in Supply Chain? A predicted grade to date should be a first or 2:1 and they require students living in an around the Glasgow area only.
The company are a leading global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality application-specific, standard products within the broad discrete, logic, analog and mixed-signal markets, serving the Automotive, Industrial, Consumer, Communications, and Computing segments.
Headquartered in Plano, TX, they have over 7700 employees worldwide, have 21 locations globally, with manufacturing in the United Kingdom, Germany, China, and Taiwan. They have 27 consecutive years of profitability, and a proven track record of strategic acquisitions, the most recent of which being the Greenock Fabrication facility in Scotland.
On-site they produce Bipolar, MOS, BiCMOS Integrated Circuits. In addition to this, they are moving into the manufacture of discrete devices and developing new Power MOSFET technologies.
Reporting to our Procurement and Stores Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Purchasing team in improving and maintaining supplier relationships
- Procurement is about buying good/services to enable the organisation to operate in a profitable, efficient, and ethical manner.
- The role would cover everything from sourcing goods/services/materials to managing contracts and supplier relationships
- The Procurement team is here to own the relationship with the supplier, to ensure the core business is support with all their requirements and to ensure all material is available for production when required.
- Cost reduction and looking for cost reduction opportunities key element.
- Working with the project teams to ensure capital and material are in place to support new product introduction.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Highly motivated/ self-motivated.
- Professional individual with the focus and drive to deliver business requirements.
- Strong communication skills
- Negotiation skills – (does not necessarily have to have experience it is more around personality to challenge suppliers in a way that builds the relationship and achieves desired outcome)
- Excellent organisation skills
- Commercially savvy
- A high degree of numeracy
Candidates should be working towards a degree in a Business discipline with a keen interest in Supply Chain.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Caroline Jardine by email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered. https://www.etrust.org.uk/yini-register