- Draw on your experience to deliver creative solutions, ensuring product designs meet the required standards of quality, reliability, cost and design for manufacture.
- Conduct extensive testing activities to prove compliance to environmental and performance requirements, documenting outcomes.
- Solve difficult engineering problems by drawing on a range of resources to deliver technical solutions.
- Participate in meetings and design reviews with team members and customers, communicating ideas and engineering concepts to all disciplines.
- Arranging prototyping activities.
- Studying for a degree qualification in product design / mechanical design / engineering or related subject as part of a thick sandwich course (3rd year in industry).
- Demonstrate an interest in the electronics packaging of sensors or instrumentation.
- Some experience in aspects such as analysis and optimisation, thermal systems, materials selection, design for manufacture & assembly & prototyping methods.
- Basic 3D CAD skills required; Solidworks preferred.
- Demonstrate delivering technical solutions on time and to specification (through example projects).
- Highly motivated with a very strong personal drive and enthusiasm to overcome engineering challenges and a keen interest in engineering.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Personal Skills and Attributes
As well as having a dedicated attitude and a keen willingness to learn, we require students who are enthusiastic, clear thinking, have initiative and are able to work independently.
You will be an organised, self-motivated individual who exhibits good verbal and written communication skills and applies an innovative and creative approach to problem solving.
The placement will commence between June and October 2020 and run for 1 year (exact dates flexible and will be agreed between the company and the applicant during the interview process).
When applying for this role, please also send a covering letter that will be sent along with your YINI CV.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Lidia stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.