Duration: 12 months
Discipline: Systems Engineering
The company are seeking a keen and proactive candidate to start with them in September 2021 for 1 year. The company provides automation services to pharmacies across the UK. These robots help pharmacies to dispense medication quicker and safer than doing the job manually. Open to school leavers and undergraduates and intended degree/degree should be related to technology, computing or mathematics.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
We are looking for an individual with a wide range of programming languages but concentrating on Java and comfortable in building web-based technologies. We will be enhancing existing systems and creating new solutions to suit our growing skills and the needs of our customers.
It would be advantageous if you can demonstrate experience of working on your own projects especially if they have been used by other people.
Most of our projects are customer facing and will involve creating stand-alone systems or integration with other systems. Systems run on windows platforms with extensive connection with web services.
Knowledge of or experience with database systems and any form of SQL will be advantageous.
We are interested in the right individual rather than the right qualifications.
- This is someone willing to work hard, who cares about the quality of what they deliver but is not restrained by perfection.
- This is a team worker who understands they are part of an overall process and their piece is an important part of the solution.
- This is someone who is self-motivated and works to sensible deadlines.
- A good communicator and listener is also key to ensure what we develop is focused and clear.
- Some experience that you can demonstrate of projects you have built before would be an advantage
- You are likely to have been interested in computers / programming at an earlier age
Qualifications: You will have a minimum of three Bs at A level or equivalent and if an undergraduate be on track for at least a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in a technology/computing/mathematics degree
Key Skills & competencies
- Good analytical skills and a keen interest in technology
- A strong understanding of IT solutions
- Completion of a number of IT development projects even if these were a hobby
- Strong understanding and experience with SQL databases and specifically MySQL
- A logical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to deliver projects within agreed timescales
Desirable skills & competencies
- Able to listen and adapt to changing requirements
- Confidence to work independently, using your initiative
- Comfortable working in a team
- An understanding of the value and necessity of testing
The role is office based but might require some trips to customers for learning and to support the overall team. We intend to make the year fulfilling and fun and are looking for an individual who will appreciate the experience.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Caroline Jardine by email email@example.com stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered. https://www.etrust.org.uk/yini-register