List of Duties / Work Programme / Responsibilities
The successful candidate will work on software development activities that will typically be new product introductions for our sister companies.
Project work usually requires considerable practical aptitude and involves the full software development lifecycle. Relevant technical training will be provided where necessary. Specific activities include:
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- Software high and low level design using recognised methodologies such as OOA/OOD or Structured Analysis and Design
- Implementation of software including embedded software, IP based systems, Graphical User Interfaces, embedded Linux and data management
- Formal testing
- Liaison with multidisciplinary teams
- Support and enhance existing software
Personal Skills and Attributes
We require students with a dedicated attitude and a keen willingness to learn.
Candidates wishing to be considered for the available position will also need to exhibit good practical skills, show innovation and creativity in the work conducted to date.
The successful candidate will be organised, self-motivated individual and have good verbal and written communication skills.
Position and Person Requirements
- Undergraduate course of study in Software Engineering or a strongly related course (2nd year minimum).
- Understanding of the complete software lifecycle
- Practical experience of at least one programming language
- Basic software design skills in a recognised methodology e.g. UML
- An understanding of the issues involved in developing and using relational databases
- Understanding of software testing principles with the ability to write and perform tests.
- Ability to write requirements, user manuals and document own work.
The placement will commence between June and October 2020 and run for 1 year (exact dates flexible and will be agreed between the company and the applicant during the interview process).
When applying for this role, please also send a covering letter that will be sent along with your YINI CV.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Lidia stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.