List of duties
The dynamic nature of research projects means that the successful candidate will be expected to be flexible and adapt to fit the needs of the team, often developing new skills in the process.
Specific activities may include:
- System level design in analogue and digital low-power electronics hardware.
- Conducting root cause analysis of faults on existing equipment and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Design of electronics hardware and associated software from initial concept schematic diagram through to manufacture.
- Conducting design FMEA and MTBF analysis.
- Obsolescence management.
- Liaison with external test houses.
- Production of project and technical documentation.
- Prepare and implement suitable test strategies considering different classes of testing approaches.
- Lab based experimentation and prototype testing
- Analysis of results
- Technical report writing
- Presentation of results
Personal Skills and Attributes
As well as having a dedicated attitude and a keen willingness to learn, we require students who are enthusiastic, clear thinking, have initiative and are able to work independently.
You will be an organised, self-motivated individual who exhibits good verbal and written communication skills and applies an innovative and creative approach to problem solving.
Student specification Position and person requirements
- Undergraduate students currently working towards a degree in Electronics engineering or similar
The placement will commence between June and October 2020 and run for 1 year (exact dates flexible and will be agreed between the company and the applicant during the interview process).
When applying for this role, please also send a covering letter that will be sent along with your YINI CV.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Lidia stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.