Start date: Aug/Sept for 1 year
Location: Lymington, Hampshire
Disciplines: Product Design, Mechanical Design/Engineering or related
3rd Year undergraduate preferred
The company is a global leader in research and development of physics-led engineering projects.
- Draw on your experience to deliver creative solutions, ensuring product designs meet the required standards of quality, reliability, cost and design for manufacture.
- Conduct extensive testing activities to prove compliance to environmental and performance requirements, documenting outcomes.
- Solve difficult engineering problems by drawing on a range of resources to deliver technical solutions.
- Participate in meetings and design reviews with team members and customers, communicating ideas and engineering concepts to all disciplines.
- Arranging prototyping activities.
- Studying for a degree qualification in product design / mechanical design / engineering or related subject as part of a thick sandwich course (3rd year in industry).
- Demonstrate an interest in the electronics packaging of sensors or instrumentation.
- Some experience in aspects such as analysis and optimisation, thermal systems, materials selection, design for manufacture & assembly & prototyping methods.
- Basic 3D CAD skills required; Solidworks preferred.
- Demonstrate delivering technical solutions on time and to specification (through example projects).
- Highly motivated with a very strong personal drive and enthusiasm to overcome engineering challenges and a keen interest in engineering.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Personal Skills and Attributes
As well as having a dedicated attitude and a keen willingness to learn, we require students who are enthusiastic, clear thinking, have initiative and can work independently.
You will be an organised, self-motivated individual who exhibits good verbal and written communication skills and applies an innovative and creative approach to problem solving.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Lidia stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form ONLY if you are not already registered.
A cover letter is required to apply for this role.