• Start Date: Summer/Autumn 2020
• Salary: TBC
• Location: London
• Disciplines: Cyber
We are a consultancy specialising in Cyber Security, Data and AI and Digital Transformation. Our main customers are large financial organisations and UK Government.
The Cyber team are looking for a YINI student to work on a range of technical projects for a year. The project will be based in our R&D team, the Cyber Lab. Their focus is on security research and development in support of our Cyber business. Typical tasks include researching a new vulnerability, writing Proofs-of-Concept testing tools or exploits, producing blogs, demos and presentations, and conducting ad-hoc research in support of our penetration testing and incident response engagements.
During the year the student will be expected to:
- Research and analyse areas of cyber security including:
- Hacking tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Open sources of information and intelligence, including the Dark Web.
- Security testing tools and techniques.
- Design and build computer systems, tools and networks.
- Contribute to technical reports for customer engagements.
Applicants should have understanding or interest in a subset of some of the following areas:
- Programming and scripting
- Reverse engineering
- Vulnerability research, exploit development
- Platform security on desktop or mobile.
This opportunity is open to undergraduate students for a 12-month placement starting in September 2020. Applicants should be completing a degree in either:
- Electronic Engineering,
- General Engineering,
- Computer Science,
- Maths, or
Applicants must have an excellent academic record with a keen demonstrable interest in Cyber Security.
The student should be based in London.
If you would like to request that your CV be put forward for this placement opportunity please contact Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply. See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.