Candidates must be British, able to obtain SC security clearance and have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK
Placement students will be involved in a variety of tasks in one of the following engineering disciplines – Software, Systems, Hardware, Firmware, Microwave, or Antenna Engineering.
Providing support to real projects, placement students will be required to apply knowledge gained from studying in a practical way. Placement students will undertake activities including designing, testing, qualifying and supporting technology across our range of products. The challenging tasks will involve communicating with other team members to gain information before completing objectives and examining outcomes.
The placements will be in the Electronic Warfare Line of Business within our organisation.
Key Responsibility Areas
· Delivering small packages of work to time, cost and quality
· Working within a team to achieve project targets
· Communicating with team members to share knowledge
· Using the opportunity to develop engineering skills. A supervisor will be available to provide
mentoring whilst working as a fully integrated member of the team.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
· Good communication skills are essential, both written and verbal.
· Ability to solve technical problems.
· Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) related degree or A-levels.
· Computer literacy and the ability to use the MS Office suite of tools.
· Aptitude and interest in engineering and/or science.
Competencies We Look For
· Achieving High Performance
· Continuously Improving
· Customer Focus
· Working Together
· Personal: Self Awareness and Confidence
· Technical: Analysis, Judgement and Problem Solving
· Self-motivated with lots of drive and enthusiasm
· Able to use own initiative to achieve overall objectives
· Able to work under pressure and achieve challenging deadlines within an environment of
· Highly responsive with strong customer focus
· Thorough, seeing job through to completion while maintaining high standards
· Able to work flexibly and be readily adaptable to situational and environmental changes, in
keeping with our new custom working policies
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Lidia stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.