Candidates must be able to obtain SC security clearance and have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK
Key Responsibility Areas
- Delivering small packages of work to time, cost and quality
- Working within a team to achieve project targets
- Communicating with team members to share knowledge
- Using the opportunity to develop engineering skills. A supervisor will be available to provide mentoring whilst working as a fully integrated member of the team.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
- Good communication skills are essential, both written and verbal.
- Ability to solve technical problems.
- Computer literacy and the ability to use the MS Office suite of tools.
- Aptitude and interest in engineering and/or science.
- Studying or planning to study for a degree that is physics, maths, computer science, engineering, electronics or aerospace related
Competencies We Look For
- Achieving High Performance
- Continuously Improving
- Customer Focus
- Working Together
- Personal: Self Awareness and Confidence
- Technical: Analysis, Judgement and Problem Solving
- Self-motivated with lots of drive and enthusiasm
- Able to use own initiative to achieve overall objectives
- Able to work under pressure and achieve challenging deadlines within an environment of changing priorities
- Highly responsive with strong customer focus
- Thorough, seeing job through to completion while maintaining high standards
Intrinsic Job Factors
- Office based. Note: some placements may involve working in a lab environment
- Use of display screen equipment
- Possible local travel (UK)
- Full time hours
- Candidates must be able to obtain SC security clearance and have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Lidia stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.