Location: Reading, Berkshire
Disciplines: Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Start: Interviews ASAP, Start Feb/ March 2021 – potential for progression to apprenticeship programme on successful completion of a probationary period
An independent SME specialising in the manufacture of perforated materials. The company recently acquired new premises, is committed to developing its skills, has an expert knowledge base, and continues to function as the UK’s leading bespoke perforator. Markets served include: Architectural, Audio, Automotive, Baking Trays, Ceilings, Enclosures, Filtration, Lighting, Microwaves, Oil and Gas, Profilers, Stock Sheets.
- You will learn to set and operate all the equipment within the manufacturing environment – including all the perforating and punch presses and you will be responsible for the quality of parts produced and ensure they conform to company standards and product drawings.
- Set and operation of shear
- Set and operation of punch presses
- To ensure all the company procedures are followed with respect to product checking
- To run machines to achieve cycle times as recorded on the route cards
- Assist Setter/Team Leader in improving changeover times, machine run efficiencies and tooling set ups
- Keep work areas clean and tidy to help minimise the risk of accidents
- Ensure health and safety of self and others at all times
- Assistant in maintenance on machines as and when required
- Transportation of goods within the factory, assisting with stock checks and general housekeeping within the manufacturing unit.
Ideal Experience and Skills
- A strong interest in engineering and a willingness to learn
- Previous work experience could be advantageous but is not essential
- Have the ability to think through technical challenging issues and come up with positive suggestions and solutions.
- Must have willingness to work shift work when required
Minimum: 5 CGSEs grade C and above - Must have B in Maths
Opportunities for Career Progression include: Apprenticeship after probationary period.
The ideal candidate will follow a career progression path:
- Minimum HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Sponsorship in relevant degree (if desired)
- It is envisaged that the employee will remain very much shop floor based.
- Possibilities open such as Shift Team Leader, Technical Support to production toolroom, project engineering or maintenance. Salary expectations after training and relevant work experience circa £40K (based on 2020 rates).
To apply for this role, please contact Lidia stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form ONLY if you are not already registered.