Start Date: August/ September 2021
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Looking for undergraduates studying a Software Engineering, Computer Science or relevant degree. Would also suit a electronic/ mechatronic engineering student with an interest in Software.
GKN Automotive is the world’s largest supplier of driveline technologies to the automotive industry. Our engineering puts driveline innovation into series production. Our systems integration expertise and software calibration capabilities make us a strong and trusted partner for electrification, all-wheel drive programmes and new vehicle concepts.
Our global network of production and engineering centres gives the company a presence in 21 countries. Our 54 manufacturing facilities and 5 technology centres are strategically located to ensure customers benefit from local supply chains and world-class technical support.
With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
Purpose of Job
- Supporting the Software and Controls development of the GKN Automotive Innovation Centre’s projects
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Create and develop embedded algorithms for microcontrollers
- Develop algorithms for sensors, electrical actuators, control systems and communication channels
- Implement software using state-of-the art methods and tools
- Perform tests and analyse results
- Analysis of software requirements from related systems and components
- Prepare and deliver software components for integration
- Working closely within a multi-discipline team (software/electronics/mechanical/testing)
- Engineering degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- Communication Skills
- Programming Languages (C, Matlab, Python)
- Basic Electronics
Desirable Experience and Skills
- This is a student placement role, so no specific experience expected, but involvement in engineering projects as a hobby or within a student team an advantage
- A strong interest in engineering
- A willingness to actively learn
- Flexibility to work on a variety of tasks
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact: Ellen Pugsley at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.