Start Date – Summer 2024
Salary - NMW
Location - Reading, Berkshire
Disciplines – Natural Sciences, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Chemical, Medicine, Pharmaceuticals
A COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED
This is a global organisation working in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture
Main placement purpose
The lab manager is looking for an assistant to help with all aspects of running the lab.
Depending on the candidate this could include:
- Helping to set up and run workshops for up to 32 school students
- Help to design and test new workshops, and improve existing workshops
- Respond to enquiries from schools and manage calendar bookings
- Maintain a database of schools who have attended workshops
- Collate feedback forms, input onto the database and analyse results
- Designing, testing and improving workshops.
- Create resources for new workshops and downloadable lessons
- Help to organise summer schools and special events
- Maintain inventory of lab equipment
- Help to allocate existing Baylab volunteers to different workshops and school visits
This role would greatly enhance the CV and experience of someone going on to study or enter a career in any of the follow fields:
- Natural Sciences
The ideal candidate would be confident, articulate and enthusiastic about science, particularly biology and chemistry. They will have experience of working with young people and be open to new experiences and the different elements of running a schools laboratory. They will be encouraged to contribute their own ideas to make the workshops as interesting to young people as possible, but also be prepared to undertake the administrative tasks needed to maintain the efficient running of the lab. Above all, they should want to inspire young people with their own love of science.
To apply for this role, please email Sam at EDTPlacements@etrust.org.uk, stating the vacancy reference.
top of page
bottom of page