Start Date: ASAP
Dicipline: Engineering, Marine Technology or Naval Architecture
Purpose of the Job
To support the sales team by providing commercially-led technical expertise in the pre-sales process.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership for RFI/RFP technical responses and to provide support for the sales team in putting together commercial proposals
- Run Fuel Saving Assessments (FSA) to support the commercial case
- Provide high-level advice to clients on the technical aspects of Rotor Sail implementation – including options for positioning of rotors on ships, how to overcome installation challenges – liaising as required with the Engineering team.
- Produce Technical Requirement Specifications on a per customer/per partner basis
- Conduct handovers of new projects for implementation
- Build and maintain relationships with the technical leaders at the client/partner site
- Management of the company CRM system
Education / Qualifications
Relevant technical degree e.g. Engineering, Marine Technology or Naval Architecture
Knowledge and Experience
Shipping/ Maritime – preferably with experience of project sales /integrated solutions
Personal Qualities and Competences
Strong technical understanding
Excellent Written English
Able to explain complex technical issues clearly
Commercial mindset and solution-oriented attitude
Confident in multi-tasking
Thrives in a high paced environment
Strong relationship builder
Team playerSystematic self-checker with strong attention to detail
Good presentation skills
Understanding of commercial negotiations
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Lidia stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form ONLY if you are not already registered.