Placement period: 12 Months
Start date: July – September 2020
The successful candidate will be given a fantastic opportunity to work within a team environment, under the relevant lead or senior Engineer.
Working on current projects and using knowledge learnt through their studies, whilst gaining real work experience.
- To work closely with the senior and lead mechanical engineers in delivery of your own project sub system.
- Working closely with end users, engineers, marketing and other departments throughout the design and build process.
- Plan and communicate your delivery to other stakeholders and lead your own design reviews.
- Carry out physical testing within our engineering test centres.
- Producing reports and presenting to colleagues and/or senior management.
- Solving real life problems, working on projects with deadlines.
- Problem solving, design evaluation and implementation using a variety of tools.
- Evaluate the risk to your solutions by identifying, evaluating and mitigating them.
- DFMEA, specification management, test design and implementation.
- Verify your work and provide evidence of compliance to international standards.
- Strong problem-solving skills to come up with ideas and a logical approach to develop them
- Currently studying an Engineering degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise workloads
- Experience in FEA or good structural understanding
- Desirable- Good understanding of materials, technologies, manufacturing processes and construction methods
- Desirable- Competent in CAD packages, preferably CREO
Personal Attributes and Behaviours:
- Friendly and approachable personality, with the ability to interact at all levels and with different departments
- Calm & effective under pressure
- A clear passion and drive for engineering with a confident and proactive nature
- Enjoy problem solving
- Determination to get things done and constantly looking for better ways of doing things
- Have the desire to learn and develop as an engineer
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Maria stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.