Start Date – August/ September 2021
Salary - £18,135
Looking for a Pre-University or Undergraduate looking to study or studying a Electronic or related Engineering degree
The company develops new medical devices for diagnosing and treating cancer. The company is transforming cancer care through its surgical guidance systems based on magnetic sensing which surgeons across the globe are using every day to locate cancer lesions and lymph nodes. With 3 products on the market, Sentimag , Magtrace and Magseed, the Cambridge-based company has sales in over 30 countries worldwide. The company has won a number of awards including the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation (2018) and the Tech Track 100 for two years in a row (2019, 2020).
You will support the company's development programmes, assessing and optimizing the performance of electronic and magnetic sensing systems for their products. This includes taking a product from initial concept through design, prototyping, development testing, design verification and validation, manufacturing. You will need to bring together magnetic, electronics and software components within innovative new products. This will be achieved working alongside other functions in the company and the network of third party suppliers, contract development organisations, and consultants who work with and on behalf of the company. You will work on an existing portfolio of projects at different stages in the product development lifecycle.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prototyping of new technology and product concepts
- Integration of mechanical, electronic and software components for product development
- Set up of experimental rigs
- Performance verification testing
- PCB testing and debugging
- Data analysis
- Written technical reports
- Performance optimization of electronic circuits and embedded systems with analogue front end for magnetic sensing
The successful applicant will have a passion and excellent grades in Electronics and Physical Sciences. He/she will be a self-starter and have an inquisitive and probing nature, with a keen interest in product design and development. This is a hands-on role that requires analytical and practical problem-solving skills with critical attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. Other desirable abilities and skills:
- Experience with modelling and development tools e.g. Labview, SPICE, Comsol, Matlab.
- Familiarity with EDA tools for PCB design, e.g. Altium
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Effective communication and teamwork
- Excellent organisational and time management skills to effectively handle conflicting priorities and ensure tight deadlines are met
- Willingness to work in a closely regulated industry
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Knowledge of EU and US regulations e.g. EMC, WEEE, ROHS
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact: Ellen Pugsley at email@example.com stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.