Start Date: August/ September 2021
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Looking for undergradautates studying a Business Management or relevant engineering degree.
GKN Automotive is the world’s largest supplier of driveline technologies to the automotive industry. Our engineering puts driveline innovation into series production. Our systems integration expertise and software calibration capabilities make us a strong and trusted partner for electrification, all-wheel drive programmes and new vehicle concepts.
Our global network of production and engineering centres gives the company a presence in 21 countries. Our 54 manufacturing facilities and 5 technology centres are strategically located to ensure customers benefit from local supply chains and world-class technical support.
With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
Purpose of Job
The Health & Safety / Quality Assurance Coordinator is responsible to develop the Health & Safety / Quality Management System and activities of the GKN Innovation Centre; and to support the business requirements for Quality Assurance to meet ISO 9001 & ISO 45001
Key Responsibilities and Duties (Opportunities)
- Support and review the H&S management system including creating interactive initiatives to promote a Health & Safety culture.
- To Support the QMS with the aim to ensure ISO 9001 accreditation
- Support the ES Team / H&S Focus Team to develop risk assessments – Machine Risk Assessments & General Risk Assessments
- To research relevant legal standards and regulations to ensure compliance
- Support reviews of Health & Safety standards to achieve accreditation of ISO 45001 and promote a safe working environment in accordance with site standards
- Relevant Business Management Degree or other suitable undergraduate programme
Desirable Experience and Skills
- This is a student placement role, so no specific experience expected, but involvement in engineering / business projects or within a formula student team would be an advantage
- An interest in Health and Safety activities and to gain experience in implementing projects / themes to enhance the business
- An interest in understanding the requirements and business process to adhere to ISO 9001
- A willingness to actively learn with the flexibility to work on a variety of tasks
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact: Ellen Pugsley at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.