Start date September 2024 for 1 full year
The company is seeking a bright enthusiastic undergraduate or school leaver to support the Automation Team in Smart Grid Operations for 1 full year. The successful candidate will be working with an international energy company that owns and operates electricity transmission and distribution networks in Southern Scotland, Merseyside, Cheshire and North Wales. With around 3.3m customers, it operates in a government-regulated environment with targets set by the UK regulator Ofgem. The company has supported Year in Industry students for many years with great success stories.
Pre-university or undergraduate planning to study/currently studying for a degree related to Electrical/Electronics/Physics/Mechanical
You will be required to support the Automation Team in Smart Grid Operations to deliver safe, innovative, cost-effective technical solutions to improve network performance and help the business deliver a low carbon net-zero future.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Build knowledge of smart grid control and monitoring equipment.
- Interface with new technology and applications.
- Update technical policies.
- Assist with tenders.
- Write technical reports.
- Work on a number of projects simultaneously.
Ideally, the person would have had a part-time job previously to demonstrate business practices and awareness
- Desire to learn about smart grid control/monitoring equipment.
- Inquisitive and determined aptitude when interfacing with/configuring new technology
- MS Office including Excel skills
- Analytical skills
- Good standard of written English
- Basic awareness or experience of business practices
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Proactive problem solver
- Independent worker
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
To apply for this role, please email Jessica at EDTPlacements@etrust.org.uk, stating the vacancy reference.