Start Date – August/ September 2020
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Looking for an Undergraduate studying a Mechanical, Auto or related Engineering degree
Company Overview: GKN ePowertrain, a division of GKN Driveline, is a leading global provider of drive components and systems for the automotive sector. As a global supplier to leading vehicle manufacturers, GKN ePowertrain designs, develops, manufactures and delivers ePowertrain for a wide range of electric drive systems. GKN Innovation Centre in Abingdon employs around 45 people and works closely with the GKN ePowertrain Technology Centre in Lohmar, near Cologne in Germany.
Advertised via YINI please make applications via YINI rather than direct to the company
Purpose of Job
To support the mechanical design and analysis of efficient and robust components and systems for GKNIC projects.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Component schemes and first level analysis
- Complete and release detailed drawings
- Work with suppliers, inspection and build to deliver prototype parts for test and development
- Work with test and development to formulate validation plans and feed the results back into component FMEAs
- Resolve component concerns
- Data management improvements
Studying a relevant engineering degree
Desirable Experience and Skills
- This is a student placement role, so no specific experience expected, but involvement in engineering projects as a hobby or within a student team an advantage
- A strong interest in engineering
- A willingness to actively learn
- CAD (NX an advantage) solid modelling and detail drawing. Training will be given if required, but aptitude is key
- Flexibility to work on a variety of tasks
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact: Ellen Pugsley at email@example.com stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.