DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
We are looking for a placement student looking to gain experience in a commercial organisation before returning to university. Throughout the placement you will be working on many different projects both internally and with our customers in the defence and security sector. These projects will provide you real world experience and personal development that you can take forward to your studies and career.
You will work as a member of a project team which is usually employed on a consultancy basis identifying the customer issue, gathering real world data on the issue, developing and testing the technical solutions and conducting data analysis to inform project reporting and solution implementation.
If you’re passionate about data and technology and pushing the boundaries of what it can achieve and want to gain experience in applying it to real life problems, then we want to hear from you.
Qualifications: You will have a minimum of three Bs at A level or equivalent and if an undergraduate be on track for at least a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in a technology/computing/mathematics degree
Key Skills & competencies:
- Outgoing and comfortable with working in a changing environment
- Keen to travel and at times conduct project work in austere environments
- Good analytical skills and a keen interest in technology
- An understanding of IT solutions and ideally some programming skills (specifically development of SQL databases)
- Ability to apply technology creatively
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to deliver projects within agreed timescales
Desirable skills & competencies
- Knowledge of development of machine learning approaches
- Confidence to work independently, using your initiative
- Comfortable working in outside environments (such as on military exercises)
The successful candidate will be required to go through background checks to gain security clearance due to the nature of the work.
A full driving licence is preferable.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact Antriana stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.